Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Yesterday's tomorrow

Yesterday I resolved to take a few photos today so managed to do it. Here's my cholla patch coming right along. Should be in full bloom soon and look even better.


While watering at the oasis I accidentally flushed a Bell's Vireo from her nest, but she flew right back in when I backed away. 

Photo by Mac
 In 2014 I photographed a Kentucky Warbler here, and today the oasis hosted another. When I pointed it out to Mac I feared by the time he located it and focused his camera on it, it would have disappeared. But he was fast. I had only my Lumix on me and knew I wouldn't be fast enough with it. The Canon just kills my shoulder. In a couple of years I'm going to get a lighter mirrorless camera.

Photo by Mac
For ages I, and other people, have been trying to photograph birds inside the cage feeder. It hit me today that with the bucket feeder hanging and dispensing seed I don't need the cage feeder anymore. Only needed it before I hung the bucket feeder.  So once I realized I could do without it, I couldn't stand looking at it another minute. With Mac's help we took a sledgehammer and pick to it. I so wish I had done that long ago.

Cage feeder center right

Better setup for bird photography




No comments:

Post a Comment