Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, December 7, 2017

More than I bargained for


Woke up to a snowy world, as predicted, but after taking my anticipated photos I discovered I couldn't leave here afterwards. The ground is wet and slushy under a blanket of snow and I didn't make it up the first little hill. Almost didn't make it back up the driveway to the house. First time in 40 years I've been stranded here. Might try to put some rocks in the bed of the pickup and try again later.


There are a couple of Ring-necked Ducks on the big tank.


Indoors oranges are ripening on the tree, and a warm fire is burning in the kitchen.

                            

But outside the wind is howling and it's cold. I'm afraid to do too much for fear of pneumonia.

UPDATE: Finally got out and back to town. It was sure touch and go a couple of times. Got stuck on my road twice and the highway was real slick. I think they closed the big hill south of Alpine right after I got through.





1 comment:

  1. What a winter wonderland! I think I would enjoy being stranded in that for a couple of days. You be safe!!

    Carla in Rowlett

    ReplyDelete