Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 27, 2017

VENT

For quite a few years Barry & Kevin Zimmer have brought Victor Emanuel Nature Tours (VENT) to the oasis around May 1st. Today Victor Emanuel brought a group here himself. I asked a lady in the group to take a photo of me with Victor using my Lumix point and shoot. For some unknown reason the photo she took is in black and white. Fortunately, others in the group took the same shot so I'll eventually get one in color. I wouldn't know how to take a black & white photo if I tried. As for my Lumix. I only told her to point and shoot. Didn't mention anything about not cutting off heads and feet. LOL  Good thing I was assured she was the best photographer in the group. I hate to think.....


He gave me a signed copy of his new memoirs that was just published, "One More Warbler." Can't wait to read it. Victor and I are the same age.




































I saw a lovely Smoky Rubyspot today. It was up in a tree but I hadn't seen one with the wings banded like that before that I recall. Wish I could have gotten a closer shot.


The young male Lucifers are so cute, but I've been unsuccessful in getting good shots of them. Got a decent shot at one's head anyway.


There are still a lot of older banded Lucifers around too. Next year Kelly plans to do some banding session here to see how old some of them are. Not only will it help us learn how long they can live, but we might even get a longevity record. This banded male has an aged look, to my eyes anyway. Maybe he'll look younger when he comes back in the spring in new plumage. Must be nice. Ill be stuck with my same old plumage.



3 comments: