Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, August 4, 2017

Silent summer

Nothing, nada, zilch. No rain. No odes. No butterflies. No birds. Hardly any hummers. Maybe it's just there's so much blooming that things have dispersed. Doesn't make sense though. Our ponds are about the only open water in Alpine. I'd think they'd be teeming with odes. Could only find two common species on them today. And here's about the only butterfly I could find, the most common Vesta Crescent.


Summer has always been my favorite time of year. So far spring was the best time this year. Maybe fall will be good. Or maybe I'll travel this fall to where it is good.

Here are some of the vines blooming in our lovely yard. For all the good it does.




Tomorrow I'm going to CMO to water and to change cameras. Gonna send the new Canon back for repair or whatever, and use my old Rebel meanwhile. Maybe something wonderful will be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment