Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Half my trail

I wanted to see how my trail up the mountain had fared from the monsoons. There is no dirt left on it anywhere and it has so much vegetation on it that I'm probably the only person that can manage to find and stay on it. However, it still works fine, serves the purpose, and hasn't washed out any more on the part I was able to traverse. I could have forced myself to go to the top, but knew I shouldn't. For those of you who doubt I actually go up in Crocs, here's the proof. That's all I wore building the trail too. Anything else makes my feet sore.


Here's an area of the ascent that would make it impossible for me to go up without the trail. It's so steep here that I couldn't do it, but angling up the switchbacks makes it doable for me.




Back at the oasis, a butterfly finally went to my butterfly nectar dish.

Red Admiral


3 comments:

  1. looks like a pretty good trail to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure better than none. The only real problem is that in parts of it the vegetation is so overgrown that it's hard to know what's trail and what isn't.

      Delete
  2. Glad you know where it is. With my feet, the whole thing would be a monumental challenge, regardless. But a spry young thing......should be happy.

    ReplyDelete