Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Toe woe!

For about a month or more I've had a strange blister on my toe. When it gets big and painful, I drain it, get temporary relief, then it gradually builds up again in a non-ending cycle. I finally went to the Nurse Practitioner with it. She injected my toe with three painful shots of Novocaine and proceeded to dig around in it. Nothing solved, but nothing harmed. Since then, it came back again, same as always.


Certain that I can't be the only person in the world with such a malady I dug online until I finally hit the right combination of search words and nailed it. It's a myxoid cyst. Usually occurring in older women, near fingernails and sometimes toenails. They're harmless. The best treatment is to keep them sterile, drain them, and eventually they should go away by themselves. Good to know. https://www.dermcoll.edu.au/atoz/digital-myxoid-cysts/

I had been concerned it might be a parasite from me walking in my dirty tank water, or somehow related to my chronic sinus infection. The only relationship is old age. But it beats the alternative. I'm basically in good health and good spirits. And those two conditions are certainly related.

Note: My toenails would be better manicured if I could see and reach them better. Getting old is not for the faint-hearted.

Practiced a bit with my new camera. It's stressful right now, but I'm sure it'll become second nature eventually. Here's the first Eastern Amberwing I've seen this year.


Maybe it's wishful thinking but I believe it's a tad sharper than had I used my Rebel.



No comments:

Post a Comment