Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Guess I'm a hypocrite

I built my house earth-shelter because I didn't want to mar the pristine view, and here I am cheering that a big cell tower is being erected along Terlingua Ranch Road. It would be wonderful if my cell phone would work at the oasis. Will have to see.




































I came to the oasis this morning, pausing along the way to photograph the Burrowing Owl as I went past its spot. The novelty hasn't worn off yet.


Mac Womack came by several hours later and also got shots of it. He'll be staying in the guesthouse for a week or so. I got him to document the aberrant Lucifer Hummingbird this afternoon. I know his shots will be better than mine, so I'll post them when he gets them downloaded, hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile, it seems rather than being an aberrant hybrid, it might be an aberrant molter. Definitely looking more and more like a normal Lucifer.


No comments:

Post a Comment