Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 22, 2017

January flower

My sister was thrilled to find a new flower blooming at her place (near mine) at this time of year. I thought it was a new one for both of us, but I found a photo of one at my place taken in early March 2015. So false alarm. It's a Whitlowwort (draba cuneifolia) of the mustard family. Also known as Wedgeleaf Draba or Wedgeleaf Whitlow-grass. I photographed a sample she snipped from it.


I think it's somewhat rare for our area, and especially to be blooming in January.

The last couple of days have been horrendously windy. When I got to CMO my feeders were all covered with bees. That's because the wind swung them so violently that the solution overflowed the internal baffles and ran to the outside of the feeders. Yuck!



Even after I took this one down the bees would not leave it alone. But I now have fresh clean ones hung and no bees. For now the bad winds should be over.

Also saw a new butterfly for my 2017 list. It's a common one, Variegated Fritillary, but I'm not picky in the middle of winter. Anything to help me make through.


Since my husband is on a fishing excursion I'm going to be at CMO for the next couple of days.😀



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time there and enjoy the fish Hugh catches. Great seeing you. Got number 300 this morning: Mountain Chickadee in Dog Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you got #300 already. Good for you! It's been so windy here that I didn't enjoy today much but there's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete