Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 7, 2016

No bullet dodged

After comprising my immune system with steroids, then getting four hours of sleep Saturday night and six hours Sunday night, I was very concerned. I took my last steroid pill Tuesday and by Wednesday noon, I was plenty sick. So I stayed in bed Wednesday and Thursday. Thought I was recovering so determined to go to Lajitas today looking for Mexican Amberwings. October is the only month I've seen them there. No one else has ever seen them there at all. Well, I knew a cold front was headed our way but figured Lajitas would be fine. The first hour was. Then cold and windy. My plan is to go back next week after the front passes. Meanwhile, I'm sick. Fever, vertigo, weak, shortness of breath. Off and on headachy.

I went to CMO after Lajitas to service my feeders. Found my first Black Swallowtail caterpillar on my rue plant. Very exciting.

                                        

Rambur's Forktail has been documented at the oasis, but I had never photographed one there until today. 


Going to spend tomorrow in bed. Then Tuesday or Wednesday will be great weather in Lajitas. The season is winding down for the year so I have to make the most of it. That's the plan anyway.


2 comments: