Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 6, 2016

Oasis's main attraction

 Lucifer Hummingbirds have always been the main attraction to the oasis. They can be glimpsed in the nearby Chisos Mountains on occasion, but for photo ops of courtship displays and such, nothing can compare to the oasis in the Christmas Mountains. So, not surprisingly, photographers love to visit.

I love these photos taken by a recent visitor to the oasis, Mac Womack, and greatly appreciate his permission to share them on my blog. On the second photo you can easily see the band on this female as she gathers the cotton nesting material.



I know Lucifers live and nest among thorns but these photos make me determined that the nesting material I provide will be in a more attractive and user friendly structure. Very next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment