Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Migration starting already

None of the mulberries are ripe yet and migrants are devouring them green. I don't remember that happening before. Mostly Pine Siskins, but a Summer Tanager and two Rose-breasted Grosbeaks got into the act. Here's the tanager.


The grosbeaks were very uncooperative. I got pictures, but not good ones.


The Lucifer Hummingbirds are starting to visit the feeders more often now. Apparently the ocotillo are petering out. There was one female that seemed to be gathering nesting material from dead mulberry tree twigs. That's a new one for me. Here are several of the pics in the order they were taken. I shot quite a few but some were even more out-of focus. She moved so fast and I had to do manual focus. Couldn't keep up.




No comments:

Post a Comment