Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Greetings from Canton, TX

Wasn't as long a trip as anticipated. Hardly ran into any rain at all. No wifi at my sister's apartment, and she doesn't have photoshop on her computer so I'm writing this from Applebee's on my laptop. Took a few pics today just because I had never taken any this far east in TX before. I think this is the first Egyptian Goose I've ever seen.


And there were lots of little teneral damselflies but the light was so bad I don't think they're IDable. Here are a couple that might be though.  Who, knows, maybe lifers.



And this woodpecker, maybe a Downy. My camera doesn't do well without sunshine, but at least it wasn't raining. This weekend in Austin I should get several lifer dragonflies.


UPDATE: I'm told the damselflies are young Orange Bluets, which is a lifer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment