Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 14, 2015

Windy still

Nothing deflates my desire to enjoy the outdoors like wind does.

Here are a couple of photos of Brian's treasured Ornythion Swallowtail (on the right) since it has been mounted. It's beside a Western Giant Swallowtail for comparison. Really impressive. Thanks, Brian.


Ventral view

This morning I glanced out the window here in Alpine to see what I thought was a Western Tanager on a hummingbird feeder. By the time I located my shoes and camera it was gone. I relocated it in a distant tree. Was only able to get this one shot before it disappeared to the west. I'm told by experts it's a Bullock's Oriole. First oriole I've ever seen here in December. Too bad I couldn't get a decent photo of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment