Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Tomatoes finally froze

I got tired of picking all the small green tomatoes expecting a freeze and then it not freezing, but last night it finally froze. (Tiny green tomato in upper right corner.)


It's been my hope to take a photo of a meadowlark that's good enough to definitively say it's an Eastern, Western, or Lillian's. But don't seem to be able to do that. Today I saw the first one of those that overwinter here in Alpine. It was flicking its tail so I thought just maybe. No luck, though.



Since it's really boring here in town, I'll keep trying. One problem is that I can't get close enough. They stay way far away. The only way I know them apart is by song, but they don't sing here in the winter time.


No comments:

Post a Comment