Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Marathon day

As I posted yesterday, us girls birded Marathon as planned. Since I was with two avid birders, I photographed more birds than odes. Here is a Great Horned Owl they found, perhaps the pale western form.


Yellow Warbers were the most numerous warblers we saw.


There were Scissor-tailed Flycatchers everywhere. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of them. I guess because there were so many of them. It just never occurred to me. If ever I could have gotten a suitable shot of that species, today should have been the day. A real missed opportunity.

I did try to photograph an American Redstart but it was too fast for me. This was the best I could do.


There were literally hundreds of Blue-eyed Darners. I got to wondering if they ate all the other odes, so few in number were the others in comparison.




Tomorrow is a banding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment