Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Whirlwind day

I went to CMO yesterday afternoon intending to stay several days, but right after I got there hubby called me that someone had given him some very ripe apricots he wanted me to dry, so I watered what I could and came back to town. Today I'm drying oasis apricots and town apricots.


I filled one dryer with the ripe ones from town. Since I have to pick the oasis ones green to keep the squirrels from getting them, they don't need to be dried as urgently. Surprisingly, once the green ones are dried they taste yummy and you can't tell they were dried green. It's that or nothing.

My oasis cholla patch that I planted in September of 2011 during the horrible drought year, is really looking great. Maybe by next year Lucifer Hummingbirds will nest in it. Especially since the drought killed the cholla they had been nesting in. Here it is in 2011






































And here it is today:


I think things are pretty much bear-proof. Check out the chain on the feeder.


Pretty Bordered Patch butterfly.


There's a new wetland at Presidio that should become a good place to find shore birds and odonates once it gets established. It's now open to the public.

http://bigbendnow.com/2015/05/presidio-wetlands-open-for-visitors/


No comments:

Post a Comment