Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, March 23, 2015

Along the highway

Lots of flowers everywhere including between CMO and Alpine. Here are a few I shot along the way. I had the urge to stop more often, but I've learned that I never get where I'm going if I do that. For one thing, I drive slower, really slower, if I'm anticipating stopping. There were lovely Wild Rhubarb / Canaigre Dock (Rumex hymenosepalus) growing near Elephant Mountain.






































Endless patches of verbena and mustard. Here's some I think are mustard.


And a few days ago I mentioned the cottonwoods being half-leafed out along Calamity Creek. Stopped and grabbed a photo today. I'm pretty sure these are the AZ cottonwoods (Populus fremontii var. mesetae), which are the most common cottonwood in the county (Brewster). They're nearly fully leafed out now.


 My cottonwood (Eastern) still looks like the last shot of it I posted. But many of my trees are greening up in the last couple of days. I'm getting really exciting about the upcoming spring, summer, and fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment