Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, February 1, 2015

January rain

It's not very often I get rain at the oasis in January so really enjoyed the slow soaking  .6" rain during the last hours of the month. The sides of the wildlife pond caught enough water to make a puddle in the bottom.


March is the driest month of the year. Probably the windiest too, but its redeeming feature is that it herald's spring.

We're off to band at Lajitas in the morning. Not expecting much activity. The only hummers at CMO are the same two that have been there all winter, one Rufous, one Anna's.

4 comments:

  1. Are you OK? Haven't know you to be absent from the blog this long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. I'm just so tired of winter I've been hibernating, so to speak. Biding my time. I'm looking forward to a fun summer with my new hobby of scanning dragonflies. Meanwhile, just hanging out in town. Seems a waste to sit at the oasis when there are no good birds, or anything, burning up my firewood to keep warm, so I sit by the fire in town and read. Thanks for your concern. I'll try to post something tomorrow, no matter how trite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go down every four days or so to fill my feeders. We've had enough rain this winter that I haven't had to water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hibernation is good. Glad to know that's the deal. It's just that you're usually so regular in posting in spite of great labors, etc. So keep relaxing...

    ReplyDelete