Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, January 5, 2015

Aftermath

I forgot I had this picture on my other camera. It was taken right after that mesquite tree on the center right split in half. The big tree in front is that Elm tree.


Yesterday and today we spent the whole mornings cutting up the brush and hauling it off. Here's a closeup of that mesquite tree taken today just before dark.


I got some fresh Trifoliate Orange tree (Poncirus trifoliata) seeds and planted a few to see if they'd grow. Here's one that came up, so I need to plant some more. Just too tired after hauling all that brush. (I had to load and unload the trailer myself because my husband didn't feel good.) It remains to be seen if the Trifoliate Orange trees will survive our winters.


Tomorrow we're going to band hummingbirds at Lajitas. It should be fun. I think they are all Anna's, but we might get a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment