Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 11, 2015

A little outdoor time

I left Alpine this morning for the oasis. By the size of just one of the brush piles at just one of the drop-off sites in town it would appear that there won't be much greenery left in town this year. But I suspect it won't be that noticeable even though there's probably way more brush still in yards that hasn't been cleaned up yet (from the ice storm a week ago).


It wasn't comfortable outdoors at the oasis, but with my big lens back in my possession, I finally managed to snap a couple of quick documentary shots of the overwintering Brown Thrasher and Gray Catbird. Couldn't catch them out in the open so there are branches in front of them. Sometimes  you just have to take what you can get.



2 comments:

  1. From the ice storm? My guess is many are siberian elms, so perhaps this will cause people to replant, instead using more regional native trees, having more resilience and less invasiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, from the ice storm. I don't think anything was killed so it probably won't have a huge effect. Just looks bad for now though. I agree that it's mostly the Siberian Elms.

    ReplyDelete