Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

First December catbird at oasis

Really surprising to see a Gray Catbird this time of year. Did not get a photo.

I think the Mexican Elder tree in the courtyard is already looking better since I put up the windbreak.


When I saw a pile of wood where the city was cutting down trees, I asked for, and received, this really neat hollow log. No idea at the time what I would do with it. This is the bottom.


Here is the top. As you can tell, it's laying on its side in my pickup. I'm thinking maybe I should set it on the ground, fill it with dirt, and plant something wonderful in it. They even loaded it for me. I could have managed it, but it would have been difficult. Any suggestions appreciated.

20 lb bags of birdseed in background for size comparison.
Don't you just love how these butterflies camouflage themselves? Can you find the Sleepy Orange in this photo taken today?



No comments:

Post a Comment