Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Orange Giant-Skippers from Marathon

When Brian visited CMO this fall he was working on some of his butterflies while there.  He raised these and has to process them when they're ready, no matter where he is at the time. Here is how one batch looked during that process. He's meticulous in his work, I might add. I'm not sure why the pupa cases are with the specimens on this first photo and not the second.


































I haven't seen these specimens since he left CMO but he sent me a photo recently of how they look now. I'm impressed.



To see one of these alive in Brian's hand check out my blog post for 9-14-14.

1 comment:

  1. The pupal cases are pinned under the specimen labels. You should be able to barely make out their outline on a couple of the specimens in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete