Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Final family day

Well, whew, hard to keep up, but I did pretty good today. Since they're leaving early in the morning and it's a long time until next Thanksgiving, I took them out the Agua Fria road to a swimming hole in Terlingua Creek that my son used to enjoy as a child. He hadn't been there since, so we took lots of pics. I won't bore you with many but I've nothing else to post today. Could not find any interesting wildlife or plants of any kind.



We actually did see a half moon in the sky above this moonscape but I didn't think to photograph it.

I have pictures of my parents and various other family members at this spot in the creek. I was going to dig up some from decades ago but couldn't find them, and too tired to continue looking. Maybe some other time. Meanwhile, more of the granddaughters.



And that was my day. I think Kelly is coming to do our hummingbird banding circuit Monday and Tuesday so that should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. The idea of photographing your family in the same places shared by family in the past is something we do too. Somehow it makes the connections with those who came before. Beautiful landscape- precious granddaughters----I particularly love the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sincerely. I just wish I could locate the old family photos from the place. One of these days. Saving everything works for and against.

      Delete