Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 24, 2014

Trying to make every minute count

I feel the weight of impending winter. The next four months are the months I dislike  hate the most.

Season for butterflies and odes seems to be winding down although I see lots of them mating. Guess they have a plan to make it through the winter. Or their progeny. Here are a pair of Cyna Blues, although I already assumed they were breeding in Alpine. Haven't had them at CMO yet. They were so intent on their activity that when I got up close to remove the pesky grass shadowing this photo, they didn't flush. So I got a much more satisfactory shot of the...  inaction.


Cloudless Sulphur female
Here are a couple of skippers. They never cease to confuse me and I always have to ask Brian what they are.

Fiery Skipper

Sachem Skipper
Orange Skipperling
Going to go to CMO tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get some work done, and take some fun pictures while there.

4 comments:

  1. Great Shots...Did you replace your Canon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rebel....sorry, didn't finish comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. No, I just got a duplicate Canon body so if mine fails, I won't be devastated. I'm still using my Canon 100-400 lens. Just felt the need for a backup, though since I ordered it I think the reason my old one was malfunctioning sometimes was dirty contacts on the lens. It seems to have helped that I polished the contacts. It was inexpensive to get a used duplicate body so now I never have to worry something exciting will show up and my camera isn't working, or if I want to send it in for cleaning. It needs cleaning.

    ReplyDelete