Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 6, 2014

New lifer and oasis ode

Sunrise this morning found Kelly and me watching a gorgeous sunrise over the Chisos Mountains on our way to band hummingbirds at Lajitas.


From Lajitas we went to another banding site three miles south of CMO, where we were amazed to capture six juvenile Lucifers. So we were pretty spoiled by the time we got to CMO to band, and didn't catch one single hummer (although we did see a couple).


The time spent there was well worth it because Kelly spotted a new odonate species for the oasis, and a lifer for me, a Cardinal Meadowhawk. I hadn't taken my heavy lens along so couldn't get very good photos with my new bridge camera, but Kelly will share some of his with me, which I'll post tomorrow. Meanwhile, this is it.


When I told Kelly I would never leave home again without my big Canon, he replied that we'd had that conversation before. Which was true. But just because I'm a slow learner doesn't mean I can't learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment