Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Good ole Odile

Got to CMO late this afternoon to discover I'd gotten another rain yesterday of .66" But if it ran, it didn't run much because it didn't cause the arroyo to run at my sister's house a mile downstream. Everything was brimful here, of course. I had to catch gambusias to put in the lower dirt tank in hopes of not having too many mosquitoes in a week. Should do it in the upper dirt tank too, but not enough energy. Gonna enjoy a mosquito-less day tomorrow though.

Not much time after doing what I had to do to take photos. Just snapped one of a female Black Swallowtail and a Monarch. That's about it. Everything is lush and green.



I had worn myself out before I ever got here from working on the road as I came in. My assessment of the road is that if it was decent before Hurricane Odile, except for about 10% that was rough, but not terrible, it is now about the same except 20% rough, but not terrible. I'll work on it more this winter, bit by bit.

2 comments:

  1. Quote: "My assessment of the road is that if it was decent before Hurricane Odile, except for about 10% that was rough, but not terrible, it is now about the same except 20% rough, but not terrible. I'll work on it more this winter, bit by bit."
    ----------------------------------

    That's what Husbands and Sons are for

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long story, Kevin. Probably not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete