Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Finally made it to the park

Since so much is blooming in the park, I finally persuaded my butterfly guru, Brian Banker, to go there with me. He had never visited there before We got a late start and then impending rain cut our visit short, so didn't see as much as I had hoped but I think this is a Theona Checkerspot. I thought it was new to me but Brian says I've sent him Theona photos before.

























Arizona Sisters isn't a new species for me but they're so beautiful, I couldn't resist.


And a pretty female ode that I haven't had a chance to attempt to ID yet.


Here's a lovely lizard.


With its red antennae and green legs, I think this walking stick is different than the one I posted the other day.


Seeing the arroyos running coming home, I envisioned my tanks full. But even though I got nearly half an inch it didn't put enough in the dirt catchments to pay for me to set up the pumps. At least I won't have to water for a while.

UPDATE: Odonate expert, Greg Lasley thinks that is a Powdered Dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment