Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Never on a Sunday

The weather map shows rain all around me, but none here. Surely I'll get my turn soon. I put a red circle in the vicinity of where CMO is.


Sunday is not a good day to go to Lajitas, I discovered. Lots of golfers. And while I was so far away from them that I didn't concern myself with getting hit by a ball, some of them were concerned that they'd hit me and asked me to move. So I didn't look for odonates near the golf course like I had intended, but off in the underbrush by a stream alongside it. I changed strategy and looked in the morning when it wasn't over 100° instead of in the heat of the afternoon. Whatever the reason, I didn't locate my two target species.

But I did get a lifer, sort of. It's a leaftail species, just not a good enough photo to tell which, so I can't count it. All the more reason to go back and get a better photo. Not that I need any more reasons to go back. Any leaftail species would be a lifer for me. Here's my poor photo of either a Five-striped Leaftail, or a Four-striped Leaftail, neither of which are rare. When I get home I always kick myself for not trying harder to get better photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment