Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Moving forward

If you're not moving forward, then you're moving backwards, since the rest of the world is moving forward, in theory. So after lying around a couple of days to see if my knee would get better, it felt a little better today. But as soon as I put it to work, it reverted back to how it was. At least it's no worse.

I didn't feel like I should do a long excursion since I have to go to the oasis and water tomorrow, so I went to Marathon to the Post and Gage Gardens. There were oodles of Pearl Crescents at the Post, which was a new butterfly species for me. There were so many, and they looked so much like Vestas, that I didn't spend enough effort, like I should have, to get a better photo.




























And here is a spider getting ready to eat a damselfly, maybe a forktail.

It appears to be a bad day for forktails. Here's a Rambur's Forktail that seems to be eating another Rambur's Forktail. All bad photos. The damselflies are tiny and hidden back in the vegetation. It's very difficult to get a decent shot.

Here's my second ever C Streaky-Skipper. I got a better look and photo than I did on the first one (see post of Aug 23).

After leaving the Post, I limped along this trail at Gage Gardens to the pond.


This dragonlet near the pond was one I had trouble IDing, so have sent it off to the experts. It seems it's a Plateau Dragonlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment