Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New butterfly species for me

We're getting a few rain showers in Alpine lately, and butterflies are finally starting to show up. I had about given up on even looking. Thinking this was just an ordinary yellow species that I see all the time, I almost didn't bother to photograph it, and actually only took one shot of it. But I'm learning to shoot first and ask Brian what it is later. Not much to look at, but this Mimosa Yellow is a butterfly of south Texas and Mexico and is rare in W TX, so that brightened my day.

The ducks look all grown up and are hard to tell from the adults. I'll bet they could fly if they knew that ducks can fly. Probably in the fall when wild ducks show up on the ponds and fly around they'll flutter around some.

Babies are front and right


No comments:

Post a Comment