Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, July 11, 2014

Moo addition to Gage Gardens

I needed a butterfly and odonate fix today, and Marathon seemed the best option. Was surprised to be greeted by this creative bovine.


Too bad there was no one there to help me mount the critter. I would have loved to have a picture of me on it. Of course, I would have needed someone to take that picture, too. Ah, well, I would probably have gotten bucked off anyway. When I was a kid growing up in Iowa we had such docile cows, that I was sure I could ride one. Never got up the nerve to try though. Seemed too risky, even though I rode very questionable horses quite often. And got thrown off a lot. I guess I knew a horse would just buck me off and run, but a cow..... What might it do? Stomp on me, kick me, head butt me?

More views of Gage Gardens. (Remember, I told you once before that it's very manicured.)


Haven't got the butterfly and dragonfly photos ID'd yet, but I don't think I got any lifers. South of Marathon at the Post Park there was an abundance of Buttonbush growing wild. Butterflies gravitated to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment