Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 2, 2014

Trying to stay upbeat here

I'm sure everyone knows we're having way above normal temperatures for this time of year. Had to come to town for 3 days. What survives survives, and what doesn't doesn't. It's not like I'm going to live forever, or someone is going to take over when I'm gone.

Enjoyed seeing and feeding the baby ducks. I think we've got the kinks worked out on their survival. The Mexican Duck sometimes hangs out with the family, but no longer bothers the babies. Hugh's attitude adjustment seemed to fix that. I'm feeding them cracked corn again. I think they're old enough now. They still look awfully small paddling across the east pond toward me when they see me put out the feed.




In the heat of the afternoon they frolicked beneath the lotus leaves in the west pond. Too hidden for photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment