Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Marathon migration day

My sister-in-law and I had fun birding in the Marathon area today. We identified 65 species, and a lot we didn't get good enough looks to ID. We're going back again tomorrow. Meanwhile, here are a few of my favorite pics from today.

Snowy Egret





























First spring Indigo Bunting























Black and White Warbler
























The above were all taken at Gage Gardens in Marathon. It's the best kept secret in Brewster Co, in my opinion. I guess it hasn't become well-known because it hasn't hosted real rarities, but it's just a matter of time. I saw my lifer Swainson's Warbler there a year or two ago.

It looks lush in spite of the fact that it got zapped by a freeze earlier in the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment