Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 7, 2013

Well work

I was headed for Alpine when I passed the well service truck also heading for Alpine. It was too good an opportunity to pass up, so I waved them down and asked about fixing my house well that's not working. They agreed to turn around right then and go back and take a look. Soon they were pulling the pipe out of the well. They found a hole in the pipe, put some new pipe in, and it pumped water, but very weakly. Seems the ole pump is worn out. Hopefully it'll keep truckin' for another year.

But what I'm really excited about is the well man just discovered a place that sells a chemical that you pour into tanks and it finds the leak and stops it. Normally, it's used with fracking. He's going to order some and if it works, sell me some of it. It's very expensive, but will be well worth the cost if it works. Hope he hurries while I still have water in the tank. The tank needs to be full when you treat it. But, if nothing else, I'll have it for next year and won't have to go through this leakage again. I can endure hauling water, if need be, if I know it'll be for the last time.

























Here's a better photo of the juvenile Curve-billed Thrasher. He's perched closer to the feeder now, so less travel time for the parent, and shorter wait time for him. He's so cute with his yellow gape and short bill.






















Most of my winter species are here now. I always love having Flickers around.























No comments:

Post a Comment