Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Every day is different

Today seemed especially more different. I was nursing a rare headache so decided to just sit around photographing birds. Right away I got the first warbler of this fall, a Townsend's .....























Finally, after a couple of months of slow birding, things have picked up. I tallied nearly 40 species today and I'm sure I missed some.

It never fails to impress me at how variable the color is on Lucifer Hummingbird gorgets. Here's one from today...





























And here's one from two years ago...
































I saw what I believe is a fledged unbanded male Lucifer taking his first drinks from the feeder. He kept trying to drink from the red ant guard, but he finally got it right.


Also saw an early Anna's Hummingbird which I hope to photograph tomorrow. Gonna be a busy day of shooting pictures tomorrow. If I just get 2 out of 3 of my goals (vireo, butterfly & Anna's), I'll be a happy camper. To be continued at first light tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment