Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Time flies

I can't believe it's been 5 days since I blogged and tomorrow is July already. Since I have water in my tanks and theorize that when it rains big this summer the tanks will fill up in a few minutes and the rest will head for the ocean, I'm watering a lot (making room in the tanks for the next rain). So things are looking good. I have the biggest peach crop ever.

I love how close the unbanded hummingbirds let me get to them. Here's a newly fledged male Lucifer just starting to get a gorget. It may be just one shiny feather right now, but he seems plenty proud of it.

























There are quite a few dragonflies around, including more Filligree Skimmers than I've had before.

If you're thinking I should ration water in case it doesn't rain this summer, the half full tanks wouldn't last me until next summer anyway, so I may as well enjoy using it and hope for more rain, which is sure to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment