Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, April 13, 2013

It almost rained

Unfortunately, almost raining is like being almost pregnant. There was a funnel cloud photographed close to  Alpine, but I was down at the oasis and this is how it looked here looking north beyond the oasis..


After taking this photo, I heard the Elf Owls carrying on, then heard a W Screech-Owl a ways south of the house. I got in the car and drove immediately to the oasis a block to the north of the house and heard one calling there. So, there are two, or I was mistaken which direction the calling was coming from, or it beat me down there. I'm pretty good about locating birds by sound, so I think there are two.

Another whole limb of greenery disappeared off the cottonwood today. I think they eat for two weeks, so after 12 more days there shouldn't be much left on the tree. I try not to think about it.

These weird little flies showed up all over the place. They look almost like damselflies as they dash around, but I don't know what they are.


2 comments:

  1. I think you've got an ichneumon wasp of some sort -- http://bugguide.net/node/view/21674/bgpage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like to know what insects are here,too.

    ReplyDelete