Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chimping chump, or champ?


At first I was dismayed to read that I have the symptoms of a chimp-aholic,* but the more I researched, I realized I was more a chimping champ than a chimping chump. Even professional photographers shoot, chimp, and process. So there! Besides, if the word "chimping" derived from the noises one makes while previewing their photos on the camera monitor, then I don't qualify because I don't ooh and aah. Well, not much anyway. But I do qualify as a digi-holic. Can't win 'em all.

 Here are a couple of my latest... shot, chimped, and processed. Don't know if I've posted a Painted Lady before, so here is one of those.
























____________________________________
*Chimping: What one does after taking a picture with a digital camera and looking at the result. 

2 comments:

  1. Painted Lady (American has large, isolated eye spots) and White-lined Sphinx are correct! Sorry to hear the plight of your cottonwood - I wonder if you could hose some of the caterpillars off the tree and bring them up to some cottonwoods in Alpine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that but my hose doesn't put out enough pressure to reach that high into the canopy. Good idea though.

    ReplyDelete