Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, March 15, 2013

Scott's Orioles are back!


































After I wore out and took a quick nap, I couldn't resist the lure of the oasis. The Torrey Yuccas are blooming, which fact isn't lost on the Scott's Orioles. Seems they timed their arrival perfectly. I saw this one in the late afternoon light.






















Finally, he was satisfied and sang atop the dead cottonwood tree before disappearing into the sunset's afterglow.






















3 comments:

  1. Slendid photos, that last one is publishable! Brilliant!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to quickly harvest some of those Yucca blossoms and utilize them in your next salad recipes. At least the ones in California were always tasty with the crunchy texture of iceberg lettuce with an slight aromatic hint of perfume

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the generous compliment, Terri. I have tried eating yucca blossoms in my younger days. Never developed a taste for them, but I thought you had to leach and cook them repeatedly. I didn't know you could eat them raw. I'll check into it.

    ReplyDelete