Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Couple more flowers

This first plant is a noxious weed, in my opinion, but does make a lovely flower. It is so stickery and invasive that I dislike it. I try to pull up most of it and leave patches of it where I can tolerate it. I have to put on leather gloves when I pull it, which is a big pain. It's in the nightshade family I believe.


The next flower is so tiny that I put my hand in the photo so you could see how small it really is. I don't remember what it's called. Maybe someone can help me out there. It's a vine-like plant if that helps.



2 comments:

  1. Top is silverleaf nightshade - Five-spotted Hawkmoths love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi. That's good to know. I'm going to look for moths and skippers tomorrow. Will photograph any I find.

    ReplyDelete