Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, May 7, 2012

More good fortune

A Hooded Warbler visited and luckily I got a few photos before it disappeared. To clarify, the Hooded Warbler that I thought I saw the other day (see post of May 2 and 3) was actually the Yellow-throated Vireo. This bird I saw today for the first time, actually is a Hooded Warbler. The warbler and vireo look nothing alike, and I initially thought the vireo was a vireo, but didn't get a good enough look to really imprint the diagnostic features in my mind, so I convinced myself it was the warbler.


My new cholla patch is coming along fine and even sprouted a few blooms already.



2 comments:

  1. When I was visitng Big Bend and you place I saw the Colla cactus and fell instantly in love. I tired to find one for sell to take back home with me in Houston and never found one.Your plant is beautiful!!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. They probably won't grow in Houston but next time you're where they are, just cut off a small section (joint) of one and plant it. That's all I did with mine. I started them in pots until they grew roots. Let me know next time before you come and I'll start one for you.

    ReplyDelete