Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More tribulation

A spring broke on the water trailer and before I could get it to where I wanted to park it the other spring broke. Now it's sitting, unmovable, in the middle of the road. My husband is coming down from Alpine tomorrow. He ordered a new trailer, which hopefully I'll get early next week. I'm so stressed from having to haul water. The new trailer has 2 axles so maybe that will do the trick. I just hope my little pickup can pull it. Maybe it'll rain.

On a brighter side, I had time to take pictures since I couldn't haul water. I love Red Yucca. When I first planted my oasis I put in a small patch of them, but gophers (?) uprooted them so bad they all finally died. So a couple of years ago I made wire baskets under the ground and planted some inside them. So far it seems to be working. This is the second one that has ever bloomed.


And a couple of birds from today. What's not to love about a Varied Bunting?


And a Grasshopper Sparrow...



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Varied Bunting - so glad they're back for the summer! Hopefully you'll have a bit more life on the next trailer... or better yet, a tank-filling downpour on a regular basis. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete