Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 20, 2012

A good day today

My sister-in-law visited the oasis today and right away discovered a Brown Thrasher. I hadn't seen that species here since the spring of 2006, so that was exciting. It was above 70° too, which I loved.


While I was waiting for the thrasher to come into the open for a clear shot, I photographed a Texas Antelope Squirrel AGAIN. But they're so cute I can't resist.


Lesser Goldfinches are here year-round so I seldom bother to photograph them.



3 comments:

  1. Great photos as usual......I have several of those Thrashers around my house.....They can sound just like a Mocking Bird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, AC. Do you have them every year? I'm wondering if this year is unusual. I hope I get them more often in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Carolyn.....they nest here and all throughout the southeast..

    ReplyDelete