Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Birding excursion to Big Bend National Park

The only birder in my family, besides me, is my sister-in-law, Dale Ohl. We went to the park today, and although it was chilly and not very birdy, it was a fun day just spending it with her. Along the highway we enjoyed an abundance of Lark Buntings. Here is the only photo I got today. It's a Green Heron off the boardwalk at Rio Grande Village.


On the way home we stopped at Gage Gardens in Marathon. I had never been there before and was really impressed. I plan to visit there more often in the future.

5 comments:

  1. We go to BBNP about three times per year and that boardwalk is alway one of our must stops. We love birding in the park. BTW, the last time, in October, we saw two Green Herons fly right over our heads. It looked like they were squabbling with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt. I look forward to saying the same to you very soon.

    ReplyDelete