Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Aoudad and javelina

My sister lives a mile north of me, but both our places are overlooked by the same mountain on the east. Her son from Boston is visiting and he saw, and photographed, 8 Aoudads (African sheep) on top of that mountain yesterday. So this morning I scoped the top of the mountain and actually saw one Aoudad. Here's a photo of my end of the mountain that I took last summer (when things were green) from several miles away.


And here is the Aoudad I saw today, taken from my oasis really far away.


Also this afternoon while I was sitting quietly photographing sparrows, several javelina were headed towards me. I yelled at them, and they stopped and sniffed the air, then proceeded towards me. I was a bit nervous, I admit, but eventually I ran them off a little ways, then I departed as they ambled back.
 
proceeding towards me


I have most of my wintering birds here, I think. Here is one of my favorite wintering birds, a House Wren.






No comments:

Post a Comment