Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, September 12, 2011

Update from yesterday

My oriole has been confirmed as a Baltimore. Here's a female Bullock's Oriole that was also feeding on black flies (or whatever they are) yesterday for comparison.


This morning my son and I went down to my oasis to bring the crippled truck to town, but he discovered it was 4 quarts low on transmission fluid, and with fluid added, it seems to work fine. I feel like I got a reprieve from death row.

I know this drought is hurting everyone and I hope I'm not giving you the impression that I expect to be exempted from its effects. I'm just sharing my experience of it with you. Somehow, I'll still have a wonderful oasis when it's all over, and I want to share that with you too.


2 comments:

  1. Are you on Snake Road? I would love to come visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy about your truck! And the BAOR.

    ReplyDelete