Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fire near Alpine

I had to go to Alpine today. On the way there at the big hill to the south of town I saw the fire I had just heard mentioned on the radio. Here is the photo I took of it. It's in the area of Mitre Peak north of town. You can see the town in the foreground.


My sister called me from her place a mile from my oasis. She said she got .2" of rain and it looked like I got more at my place. So I'll be eager to get back down there tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure I didn't get enough to put any in my tanks, but it's nice if the surrounding vegetation got some rain to keep it alive. I especially worried about the soapberries, hackberries, and persimmons in the arroyo adjacent to my habitat.


2 comments:

  1. I was in Alpine on Friday and they got a good rain so I bet that fire is already out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was still burning the following day.

    ReplyDelete