Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, June 2, 2011

More of the same

I can't even express in words how awesome Bill and Jane are. They've literally slaved away for 2 days, giving their all, as I've personally never before witnessed from someone under these circumstances. I can't say enough praise to do them justice. I'll just say they're my very best friends forever. I love you guys!

Jane worked just as hard as we did, but didn't have her hands in the concrete as much so became the unofficial chronicler of the project.


Clicking on the photo might give you a better idea of the task. Basically, we're coating the bad places, where there are cracks, or the concrete is crumbling due to wave and deer action, with an adhesive/cement slurry, then stuccoing it with much the same stuff, but with sand added. The surface has to all be brushed clean first. The finished results seem tough and durable. Only time will tell. Tomorrow we have to finish.

When it cools down some from the triple-digit °s, we may sit and watch the birds, and I may post some more photos later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment