Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A couple of trees

Some trees are really having a hard time this year. Here's my beloved Texas Pistache that froze in February, then leafed out nicely only to have nearly all the leaves gobbled up by insects. Next to it (left side) is a Western Honey Mesquite that's just trucking along unperturbed. (These are inside my courtyard.)


Below is my Japanese Loquat that froze in February and is bravely trying to recover. Less heat and some rain would have been helpful in that process. I don't know if it'll make it or not. I hope so because it adds a nice tropical look to the courtyard. And some years I get to sample its delicious fruit. That little tuft of greenery on the lower right foreground isn't from the loquat. It's some other bush. Evergreen Sumac, I think. Same bush as is on the first photo upper right foreground.


Here's my new tube feeder that seems to deter cowbirds and bees. When bees aren't so bad I'll put regular bird seed in it. The mesquite in the background has never been watered, although it's beside a mulberry that gets watered.



No comments:

Post a Comment