Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Comic relief

It's always great to have a silver lining to these rainless clouds. While watering my trees today with what I consider to be the last of my water until it rains, except a puddle for the wildlife, of course, I saw an Elf Owl. Very unusual during the daytime, but it does happen.


Soon thereafter I saw two fledgling Barn Swallows. While I was photographing them their lunch wagon dropped by... over and over. Such fun to watch. I have no idea where they fledged from.



You can tell by the throat which one got that morsel.



2 comments:

  1. Great photos today....I am a swallow fan; my husband an owl fan. This is a hard year for all critters...but we are far enough north in central Texas that we've had a bit of rain. Not enough though. I've been looking at your blog for some time now, making sure I check it every few days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judith, for the kind words. You can set your settings to receive an email when I make a new post. Hope you continue to enjoy my blog.

    ReplyDelete